“We are Healthy Materials Lab, a design research lab at Parsons School of Design. We are dedicated to a world in which people’s health is placed at the center of all design decisions. We are committed to raising awareness about toxics in building products and to creating resources for the next generation of designers and architects to make healthier places for all people to live.
In the broadest sense, our goals are for healthier spaces and healthier lives. To achieve this, we strive to:
- Improve today’s commonly used materials to reduce exposure to toxics and improve health.
- Foster knowledge and awareness of today’s healthier material alternatives—make them more marketable, accessible, and popular.
- Invent, test, and implement tomorrow’s healthy materials.
- Work with manufacturers to promote transparency and drive innovation.
- Create healthier homes for people living in poverty.” from Healthy Materials Lab website
Creators: Parsons School of Design Year: n/d